Amy Guy

Raw Blog

Thursday, February 28, 2013

Large handwarmers (crochet)

One of the first useful things I crocheted were these extremely masculine handwarmers.


The extremely soft and fuzzy wool was from Age Scotland I believe.


I used no pattern and had never made handwarmers before, so they came out far too big.  Not to worry, at least you can fit a Tigo in them!


I just repeated *dc ch1* around, dc-ing in the gap left by the chain each time.  I reduced a bit around the wrist area to shape it, but it wasn't particularly effective.  I chained about four, instead of carrying on, to make the gap for the thumb, then continued as normal.  One of them is shorter than the other, because I didn't count anything.

They serve their purpose though, and the lucky owner has even gone so far as to wear them in public in the chilly heights of Appleton Tower.