Amy Guy

Raw Blog

Tuesday, March 05, 2013

Scotland Public Notices experiments

Tell Me Scotland publish public notices for things like traffic, planning permissions... And they have a SPARQL endpoint!

I'm hacking around with the ultimate goal of creating an interface that allows people to generate a GeoRSS feed for a particular area.  Ally of GreenerLeith suggested this, so that they can use this to feed into their own apps.  A stage beyond that is to smoosh the whole lot into a Wordpress plugin, to make it accessible to anyone (who uses WP).

So far I've got the notices on an OpenStreetMap.  I haven't had a whole lot of time, but will make more soon.

I'm using the PHP library ARC2 to deal with the linked data.

NB. the TMS endpoint is, at the moment, flaky at best.  I think they're working on this.