Amy Guy

Raw Blog

Sunday, March 03, 2013

Week in review: Reading and catching up

25th Feb - 3rd March

I spent most of this week in a remote village by the sea in the Scottish Highlands.

When I came back I read and made notes about the Semantic Web and social machines by TBL; and typed up some notes from a while ago about OntoMedia and the Semantic Web and communities by K. Faith Lawrence.

I also translated all of my written meeting notes into Evernote, which promptly glitched out and doubled the amount of typing I had to do.  (I considered switching back to Google Docs, but I need labels).  I sure love technology.

I refamiliarised myself with the structure OWL.  Awesome diagrams here.

I did some more thinking about how I need to work with amateur content creators to make an ontology that fits their workflow.  I should have finished the planning stage of this ages ago, but.. I blame the ILWhack.

I keep wondering about the best way to have a system of consistent URIs across a network where the information can move from server to server on the whim of a user.  During this wonderment I discovered that purl.org's login system is broken.  I joined the mailing list, and people complain about it and have it re-fixed fairly regularly, so I'll just wait..